The Teen Parent Program began in 2005, and is based around the
“Parents as Teachers” curriculum.
This program is:
- Available to any Harrison County Teenage Resident with children
- Available to any Harrison County Pregnant Teen
The program is funded, in part, by the Early Childhood Iowa area that covers Harrison, Monona and Shelby
Harrison County Home & Public Health’s Teen
Parent Program is here to offer support to
pregnant and parenting teenagers in a variety of ways!
We provide personalized home visits with a certified Parent
developmental screenings to make sure your child(ren) are healthy and track to a successful life.
GetTogethers for parents and their child(ren). These group meetings cover a wide array of various topics from dental care to reading
SERVICES: We provide information about referrals to other services
available and beneficial to the mother and father!
We offer our support to:
- Give children the best possible start in life, while helping young parents identify and work toward self-identified goals.
- Increase confidence and knowledge of child
development and parenting skills.
- Share experiences and receive support from
individuals in similar cirumstances.
Offering education, support and links to resources needed by young mothers and fathers to achieve the best outcomes possible for themselves and their children.